Effective Date: Jan 17, 2022
our website https://bareconnect.com (the “Website”), our web application (the “Web App”) (both together: the “Services”). Please read this Policy carefully, as it becomes legally binding when you use our Services. Bareconnect takes privacy and protection of Customer’s data very seriously and we are committed to handling the personal information of those we engage with, whether customers, suppliers or colleagues responsibly and in a way that meets the legal requirements of the countries in which Bareconnect operates.
1. Some key terms
2. Data Privacy and Confidentiality
Bareconnect complies with regulations related to the protection of personal information. In addition, it uses secure encryption techniques to ensure the confidential nature of the information it exchanges with you. However, complete confidentiality in the transmission of data is not always possible over the Internet, and privacy cannot be ensured at any time. Neither Bareconnect nor its affiliates will be responsible for any damages you may suffer if you transmit confidential or sensitive information to us and that information subsequently becomes public through no fault of ours. We are committed to protecting the security, as well as the confidentiality of personal and financial information within the web server hosting our website and our internal computer systems.
3. Processing of Personal Data
3.1 Personal Data Collection
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to create an Account, specifically email address, first name and last name. If you sign up for Paid Services, we receive a portion of your payment information from our payment processor (such as the last four digits, the country of issuance and the expiration date of the payment card) and we ask you to select your jurisdiction.
- Your marketing preferences.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts to our customer message boards or forums. Please be aware that information on public parts of our sites is available to others.
3.2 How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in two main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by registering for an Account).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our Services or Users’ sites (including with technologies like cookies).
3.3 Data Retention
We store the Customer personal data for as long as it is needed to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected notwithstanding any statutory retention obligations.
4. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you for the following purposes::
- Provision of the Services. Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services, register or transfer your domain names, process payments and respond to your inquiries
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Third party relationships. Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies
- Protection. Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g., to protect our Users from abuse).
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
5. How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways::
- Users. We share with our Users data regarding usage by End Users of their sites. For example, we provide a User with information about what web page the End User visited before coming to their site and how their End Users interacted with their site. This is so Users can analyze the usage of their sites and improve their services.
- Domain registration partners. If required to comply with ICANN, registry, ccTLD or registrar policies, we share your domain registration information with such domain registration partners.
- Business partners. We may share personal information with business partners. For example, we may share your personal information when our Services are integrated with their Third Party Services, but only when you have been informed or would otherwise expect such sharing.
- Third Party Plugins and Social Networks. We may share personal information with website plugins, social media platforms or similar Third Party Services to improve your experience, at your direction, or when you intentionally interact with the plug-in.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to the payment gateway and processors.